Information we collect and useInformation about you that we collect and use includes:
- Information about who you are e.g. your name and contact details
- Information connected to the products or services we supply you with
- Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails, messages and/or letters
- Information that is automatically collected e.g. via cookies when you visit one of our websites
- Information if you visit one of our shop, workshop and/or storage premises; e.g. visual images collected via closed circuit television (CCTV)
What are cookies and how do we use them?A cookie is a small data file which asks permission to be placed on your device. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to anonymously identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your device or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Where we collect your informationWe may collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources, including:
- A quote request for a product or service
- A purchase and/or finance agreement
- Phone conversations with us
- Emails, digital messages or letters you send to us
- Meetings with us in person
What we collect and use your information forWe take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
- You have given us your permission (consent) to send you information about products and services offered which we believe may be of interest and benefit to you
- It’s necessary for us to meet our legal obligations e.g. financial record keeping, tell you about changes to Terms and Conditions or for the detection and prevention of fraud
- It’s in the legitimate interests of Robert Owen Marine Ltd., e.g. to deliver appropriate information and guidance so you are aware of the options that will help you get the best outcome from your product or service; where we need to process your information to better understand you and your requirements.
Who we may share your information withWe may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in 'What we collect and use your information for.' These third parties include:
- Finance and/or insurance providers
- Regulators and supervisory authorities e.g. the Information Commissioner’s Office for the UK (the ICO)
- Law enforcement for the prevention and detection of crime
Where your information is processedYour information is processed in the UK, specifically Wales only). However, some of your information may be processed by the third parties we work with within and outside EEA, including countries such as the United States of America. Where your information is being processed outside of the EEA, we take steps to ensure that your information is protected to at least an equivalent level as would be applied by UK / EEA data privacy laws.
How we protect your informationWe take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations. Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. We protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically.
How long we keep your informationWe will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our products or services while you are a customer. We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal obligations, e.g. book-keeping and accounting. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
Your individual rightsYou have several rights in relation to how Robert Owen Marine Ltd. uses your information. They are:
Right to be informed
Right of access
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
Right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
Right to request erasure
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for Robert Owen Marine Ltd. to continue to have it.
Right to restrict processing
You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
Right to data portability
You can ask for a copy of your personal information for your own purposes to use across different services. In certain circumstances, you may move, copy or transfer the personal information we hold to another company in a safe and secure way.
Right to object
You can object to Robert Owen Marine Ltd. processing your personal information where: it’s based on our legitimate interests; for direct marketing; and if we were using it for research and statistics.